Saturday, November 21, 2009

UPSET ALERT!!

Okay, I'm not calling for the upset today, but DAMN would it be nice to see the Gophers rise up and slew the F'n Hawkeyes. I don't know about you fellow Gopher fans, but I am damn sick and tired of being out-physicalled (yep, I just went all Matt Millen on ya and verbed a word) and out-coached year after year after year after year by the Hawkeyes and their arrogant son-of-a-beach coach.

That being said, is it too much to ask our offense to grow a pair today and incorporate some 'innovative' i.e. BLOCKING and RUNNING THE BALL? Also a lot more of Gray winging the ball around and our receivers and tight ends catching the damn ball!

No moral victory will do. A victory is what we need to see. I hope Brewster realizes the sh*tstorm that has risen up around him and his program this year as everyone from random bloggers (we matter damn it!) to 'respected journalists' like Fat Pat or Souhan have lobbed justified pot-shots in his direction.

It's time to see some good coaching, and some solid play.

Will it happen? As the beacon of positivity that supports our merry band of Gopher backers (along with Gopher Bandana Guy) I'm calling for the upset. The only way we win is to score the ball on some long plays, and create turnovers. We know our D/ST can do both -- our linebackers and safeties can play the ball quite well, and our return game is our best, most consistent component of the entire squad. That means some combination of Weber keeping his eyes open and getting the ball downfield AND Gray running wild with some deep throws is necessary. PLEASE COACH FISCH for the love all that is holy; RUN THE DAMN BALL!! Call some rollouts with Gray, some quickhitters off tackle, and stay with it!

Well, just writing this got me fired up and despite my earlier declaration, I'm going with my heart and calling for Brew's Crew to get this one done!!!

Gophers 31 - Hawkeyes 25

SUCK IT IOWA!

LET'S GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Gopher Bandanna Guy said...

I love the positivity JJ - and our Defense clearly has upset in mind. Even after the defense gave up the TD, they still come thru and block the PAT.

Its now halftime, and I'm beginning to think that much the offense is on the take.

To win this, we'll need some more miracles from our 'all-heart' defense.

GO GOPHS!