Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Even More MSU Thoughts From the Twisted Mind of Jonny

Following are some thoughts/musings/observations from Jonny's experience at the MSU game... Enjoy....

+ TCF Stadium is OUTSTANDING for night games. Picture perfect.
+ We've been treated to some damn good home games this year. Air Force (great ending), Cal (hard fought comeback, came up short), Purdue (Come from behind, turnover heavy victory), and MSU (lots of offense, Weber awakening).
+ I had a wonderful view (as did Marc I bet) of the Immaculate Reception (Weber to T-A to Bennett). Cheered in disbelief and accelerated through a lot of high-fives.
+ The crowd getting extremely salty toward the end of the game about all the penalties (esp on the MSU drive with the two personal fouls). The refs were booed until my throat was sore (semi-Homer quote). I hope the displeasure was audible on TV.
+ T-A did NOT fumble. The ref told me so.
+ The blatant make-up call on Sparty for taunting.
+ The Mason-era backbreaking roughing the kicker penalty on Sparty.
+ Seeing more than three people catch passes for the Gophers in a game. Decker's injury wasn't a blessing in disguise but it at least forced Weber to get more creative and make life harder on the opposing D coordinator.
+ How Stoudamire can catch and return kick-offs so well and yet manage to miff that gimmee toss, is beyond me
My thoughts on the next few games
+ Illinois blew their wad against Michigan. They're going to come into TCF all fat and sassy. Hopefully we smack them in the mouth and put it away early.
+ SDSU is a really good I-AA team. I'm hoping against a let-down if we clinch a bowl game against Illinois.
+ Iowa is really good and it pisses me off. Hopefully we improve upon last year's performance against them (0-55).

1 comment:

Gopher Bandanna Guy said...

Good stuff from Jonny. We need to get him here as a regular contributor. Thanks for posting his email JJ.